Happy happy Friday!!! I get messages a lot about my hair… how it’s colored, what products I use, how I style it and so I thought I would write a short little blog post about it all! Here is the breakdown with what I get asked about most:
I have been seeing my hairstylist Robert for four years now and he is amazing! I am by no means a natural blonde and he does a great job at making my blonde more natural looking while also allowing it to grow out nicely. My hair color is naturally a darker brown (level 5 - your hairdresser will know what that means 😉 ) and I have just gone blonder the older I have gotten.
Here is the breakdown of how he does my blonde:
1. He uses Goldwell Silk Lift for the color and does a full weave highlights with lots of fine foils as opposed to thicker pieces (especially if you naturally have darker hair like me).
2. The foils are done in horizontal slices and processed for 15-20 minutes (until pale yellow) or the blonde is pulled up really bright before he takes them out.
4. After highlights are washed out he goes in and does a base break with Goldwell New Blonde working towards the face.
5. While the New Blonde processes he applies Glaze with Goldwell Express Toner (10 silver) through ends blending into the mid shaft of hair.
6. Cap and let set 5-10 minutes.
7. Rinse and condition (no shampoo) and let sit for several minutes before wash.
8. Voila….. We have blonde hair!!!
If you are in Nashville you should definitely go see him… he is not only amazing at hair but oh so fun ☺️!!! Here is their number and website! 615-460-7002
Shampoo and Conditioner
I am always changing and rotating the hair products I use but one thing I have stuck with forever is my shampoo and conditioner. I LOVE the Moroccan Oil Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner. It smells amazing and doesn’t weigh down my hair so I can keep the volume! Doesn’t hurt the color and it enables me to wash my hair every other day.
I did an instagram story the other day about what people’s favorite purple shampoos were and DP HUE Shampoo and Conditioner were the winners. I have used them for two weeks now and really like it! I generally don’t use purple shampoo until it’s been a couple weeks since I got my hair done and I use it 1-2 times a week. The DPHUE really helped getting rid of any unwanted yellow and keeping my hair blonde. Some people use purple shampoo every wash and others don’t but this is how I use mine. Purple shampoos are good for blonde damaged hair and others are good for preventing the yellow tone. So everyone is different when you need to use it and how often!
Dry Shampoo and Volume
Since I try to only wash my hair every other day I live off dry shampoo. I even add it to my roots when my hair is clean sometimes to add more texture and volume. My favorite right now is Living Proof and for extra volume I use their Body Builder.
I use a round brush every time I blow dry my hair and I swear by it. For volume I always do my bangs first and then I use the round brush on my hair where middle part is horizontally (ear to ear) with the brush going away from my face! I do it in sections until dry. I will then do the brush horizontally on each side of the middle part moving the brush away from the ears. I don’t use product unless it’s the weekend and for extra volume I use Goldwell Naturally Full.
And there you have it folks! All things hair! I hope this helps for those who have asked me questions in the past. If there is anything else you would like to know, feel free to send me an email or reach out to me on the gram!